Fuel is the largest operating expense for airlines. IATA estimates the airline industry’s fuel bill for 2015 will be US$192 billion, representing 26.1% of operating expenses. Cutting fuel use can have a big impact on the airline’s bottom line. Getting the aircraft weight and payload distribution right, and finding the optimal flight plan to minimize fuel burn, are big priorities.
How SITA can help
Did you know?
Properly managing an aircraft’s center of gravity will yield savings of
1-2% during line operation.
(IATA best practice guidelines 2014)
IT is paving the way, enabling aircraft to fly more efficiently and cost-effectively than ever before. SITA is your partner of choice to increase productivity and fuel savings.
- Provide intuitive and visual load optimization
- Execute efficient and cost-effective flight planning to determine the optimum amount of additional fuel to carry
- Determine optimum altitude, fuel burn and arrival time predictions using up to date wind and turbulence information for optimal flight planning
- Generate weight savings through digitalization of various paper reports and manuals needed onboard the aircraft (up to 15 kg)
SITA facts and figures
- Wind Uplink delivered savings of up to 600 kilograms of fuel on a single flight sector
- 4.6 million flight plans delivered per year
We have done it for others
Lu Yun-Guo, Senior Manager of Operation Technology, Air China
- 2.85 Mb
Free registration required
Discover how you can maximize revenues by tackling the key load-planning challenges experienced during aircraft turnaround.
Establish the most economical route to operate each flight, saving up to 1% in fuel costs.
Even a small decrease in fuel usage can have a big impact on the bottom line.