Ground handlers need to provide rapid and secure check-in processes while managing disruption with minimal impact on customer satisfaction. This protects the airlines’ brand values by assuring the same standards of customer service established by the airlines and the alliances they support.
How SITA can help
Did you know?
of airlines plan to provide real-time information and notification via passengers smartphone
(2014 Airline IT Trends Survey).
SITA helps ground handlers deliver excellent passenger service. Many of our solutions are designed for tech-savvy passengers using mobile devices. SITA’s end-to-end passenger services global coverage and industry knowledge makes us uniquely qualified to support the needs of ground handlers, industry-wide.
- Agent and self-service solutions for check-in, bag-drop and boarding that help manage disruption while offering passengers a smooth travel experience
- Sophisticated agent GUI's that provide fast, efficient handling at check-in and boarding along with customer identification
- Access to Type B the most widely used messaging standard in the ATI to ensure effective communications with airline partners
- Solutions that send and receive operational e-mails using web-based messaging that is accessible from any PC in any airport location (SITATEX Online)
- A flexible, modular intranet service that facilitates open communication within your community (IP VPN)
- IP connectivity on shared devices at sites where large bandwidth is not continuously required, significantly reducing monthly costs compared to dedicated connections (Express IP)
SITA facts and figures
- SITA handles over 30 billion Type B messages every year
- SITATEX Online is the leading operational mail platform and handles over 800 million messages a year
We have done it for others
- We innovate
- We advise
- We design
- We manage
SITA delivered an innovative solution, which helped us increase the efficiency of our staff and critically, offer better service for our passengers.
Phil Holder, Head of Operations Support, Bristol Airport
Track and manage bags from check-in to final destination, comply with Resolution 753
The backbone of collaboration
GDS neutral next-generation PSS for all airlines
A single integrated Common Use Platform for all elements of passenger processing
Making hassle-free bag drop the industry standard.
This year's survey shows a continued, though modest, upward trend in IT investment by airlines. This trend mirrors not only the improving industry fundamentals, but also greater recognition of the value...
Read the survey
- 2.85 Mb
Free registration required
Discover how you can maximize revenues by tackling the key load-planning challenges experienced during aircraft turnaround.
Send and receive operational mails using a web-based messaging service that is accessible from any PC in any airport location.